Making the selections for an entire house or remodel project is very exciting, but it can also feel overwhelming. Our goal is to make the process fun and easy. Our customers often ask us: “Where do I start?” This timeline tends to work for most projects.
- Start with the item that covers the largest area. This is most often going to be your flooring. Pick out a couple that you really like and bring them along with you to your selection meeting.
- Pro Tip: It is best to contrast the flooring with the cabinets. For example, if you are leaning toward a dark cabinet, pick a light to medium color floor.
- Next, you will want to schedule a selection meeting at our showroom where you will meet with one of our designers to make your cabinet selections. During this meeting you will make selections for:
- cabinet wood species and stain color.
- door style (this typically ties to the architectural style of the house).
- countertops and backsplashes
- hardware (this finish typically ties back to your lighting).
- organizational options you may want to include in your cabinet design.
- Once you have finalized your selections, we will need the model numbers for your appliances, faucets and sinks. We cannot move forward with the process until we have this information.
- The next step is the field measure, which takes place at your home after all selections have been made and the sheetrock has been hung.
- From there, we will generate cabinet drawings for your final approval.
- Cabinet installation typically takes place 3 weeks following your final approval of the cabinet drawings.
- If you have selected solid surface countertops, such as granite or quartz, a separate field measure will take place after the base cabinets have been installed. The countertops will typically be installed 2-3 weeks after the cabinets go in.